on a newlywed widowers grief --- and mine 

t is sad but theres comfort for him in family and social standing.he has some dignity. I hope he is sheilded from those who are insensitive. Usually, people respected my widowhood and disability . And my children were tiny . Sometimes people had no reserve ,did not respect me at all. Stole from me . Insulted me, ridiculed me . Misused my children. Seeing me dysfunctional, numb , sick. Labeled that as lazyness. To the point of my health breaking again. Destructive business that. I suppose human rituals like grieving are no where as supportted as they were generations ago. When life was dangerous and often short. And people were humbler?Our society is childish and often cruel. And then again, some of us are respectable. And some not so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog